Welcome!

Adrian Burns, Auctioneer.
I sell and write about antiques, collectibles and the auction business. I own Burns Auction & Appraisal LLC and am a licensed auctioneer and appraiser in the state of Ohio.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finding good stereoviews...

One of the great things about working in the auction business is coming across really great stuff. I worked the internet bidding today and did some bid calling for Peter Gehres and his Belhorn Auctions pottery auction at The Super Auction.

While I enjoy pottery, I love old photographs, and so scoured the various rings for goodies today, and came up with some great buys at very reasonable prices. I bought many stereoviews of the old west, an album of tintypes and some fantastic real photo postcards at the auction ring held by Jade Montrie of Toledo, Ohio.

Here is one. It is as old west as it gets! I've handled many good old west views, but rarer are the scenes of daily life. There are more. I'll get them up ASAP.






No comments:

Post a Comment